What is CoolSculpting?
What is CoolSculpting? A question that is widely discussed among those individuals who’s wishing to get rid of localized fat that accumulates in different areas of their bodies; And they can’t get rid of it through the traditional methods such as diet or exercise.
The editorial team of Tahseen clinics write to you this article to discuss all information related to CoolSculpting.
Prof. Hossam Tahseen, Plastic Surgery, and Aesthetic Medicine Consultant & Professor of Plastic Surgery at Cairo University.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is one of the non-surgical cosmetic procedures that help to get rid of the fat cells accumulated under the skin by freezing them, then getting rid of them through the vital processes of the body.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Cool Sculpting as a safe medical treatment. This is because it has many advantages over liposuction and other surgical and non-surgical procedures that require a longer recovery time.
Does CoolSculpting suitable for all fats?
of course not; and to answer this question, we have to clarify an important piece of information here to learn more about the mechanism of cooling sculpting.
There are two types of fats in the human body:
It is the layer of fat that is present in the body directly beneath the skin, and it is an essential part of the human body.
Excess to this layer of fat may cause some health problems, in addition to an imperfect body appearance.
CoolSculpting targets this type of fat.
It is fat that accumulates around the internal organs such as the stomach, liver, arteries, and other organs of the body.
Although these fats are important to the human body, However, it considers very harmful and causes many complications to humans.
CoolSculpting doesn’t target this type of fat.
Advantages of CoolSculpting
After we answered the question of our article, what is CoolSculpting? We move on to talk about the advantages of CoolSculpting compared to other surgical and non-surgical techniques, and the most important features of this technique are:
- Safe procedure, and don’t have complications of surgery.
- The results appear gradually, making them effective and lasting for a long time.
- An easy, quick procedure that does not require anesthesia, hospital stay, or recovery period afterward.
- This technique completely eliminates fat cells, making the accumulation of fat again difficult.
Who is suitable for CoolSculpting sessions?
In our answer to the question of what is the CoolSculpting of the body above; We mentioned that this technique targets subcutaneous fat only, and this makes the technique unsuitable for some individuals, especially those who suffer from high body fat percentages.
There are some points that make you the best candidate for this operation:
- Being close to the ideal weight is not suitable for obese patients.
- suffering from localized fat accumulated in a specific area of the body.
- Athletes who want to achieve athletic shape and sculpt muscles.
- People who are in good health and do not suffer from chronic diseases.
- Also, the person should be an adult and not suffer from any skin infections.
Coolsculpting process steps
CoolSculpting isn’t a surgical procedure; Therefore, you do not need any preparatory steps such as anesthesia, opening incisions, or other procedures.
The steps will be:
- Determine the area to be carved.
- Some patients may need a simple local anesthetic to avoid the tingling feeling.
- The doctor passes the device over the area and then gradually reduces its temperature until the temperature reaches 5 degrees Celsius.
- The device freezes the cells and breaks them down so that the body can get rid of them through later biological processes.
Each session may last between 40 to 60 minutes; The doctor determines the number of sessions needed by the case according to your case, the volume of fat and the number of areas to be sculpted.
Coolsculpting process cost
We can’t talk about what’s CoolSculpting is without talking about the cost of this technique; This is because the cost is a very important factor that help people decide which technology to choose.
But in fact, the cost of the fat freezing technique varies from person to person depending on many factors:
- The number of areas to be carved.
- The number of sessions he needs depends on the amount of fat and the body’s response.
- The skill and scientific background of the doctor who will conduct the session.
- The type of device and different techniques used in the session.
Patient experience with CoolSculpting
Experiments of CoolSculpting have had good results with patients; One of the cases who underwent cold sculpting sessions talked about her experience and says:
I am a woman with a good body, but I suffer from some fat in the abdominal area, I tried to get rid of it in various ways; But it kept annoying me until I decided to try CoolSculpting.
It was a successful experience, and within only 4 months I reached the shape of the belly that I had always dreamed of.”
If you want to get a better result in less time, we recommend that tahseen clinics.
Are CoolSculpting sessions painful?
Coolsculpting sessions are not painful at all; A person may feel some tingling or discomfort from the cold feeling of the device; But it can be overcome with some simple local anesthesia.
How many CoolSculpting sessions do I need?
The number of sessions is determined by the doctor’s vision, according to the amount of fat and the number of areas to be sculpted.
Are the results of CoolSculpting fast?
By explaining what is CoolSculpting, we know that the body gets rid of fat gradually in a period of 4 to 6 months, and therefore the result is not immediate; But it is fast and safe.